I love my job for so many reasons; the flexibility of the hours, not spending hours sat still at a desk, meeting new people, energising clients, seeing huge changes in client’s energy & confidence levels, seeing children flourish & gain confidence and expressing themselves with dance…the list is endless but here are the things that have made me smile this week (so far):
- One of my new little Stars from Zumbatomic really settling into the class straight away with no problems, despite her parents concerns that she may be a little too shy to join in…she even did a little solo dance in the middle of the circle 🙂 #ConfidenceBuilding
- Working my Monday night Pilates class hard & getting feedback via email to say how much they were aching over the next few days! Sounds evil to say this made me happy but it did make me happy as it means they worked hard! 🙂 #DOMs #HardWorkPaysOff
- Seeing that the youngest of my Tuesday morning Street Dance class is starting to pick up the routine, he is only 4 and some of the others are 10 years old. Repetition is clearly they way forward with the little ones 🙂 #DrillSergeant
- Starting a new in-School Dance class with Thameside year 5 & 6. A well planned session that engaged them all immediately to the point that I didn’t even have to try and convince the boys that DANCE IS COOL, they were busting out some serious moves that even Diversity would be proud of! 🙂 This class is going to be very exciting!
- Amazing start to my all new Zumbatomic Class for Children with Additional Needs! Starting something new is always a little scary especially with such a diverse mix of children! Seeing the kids have so much fun & all joining in (for all of it) makes it all so worthwhile 🙂 #Rewarding
- Receiving my New ZUMBA release…keeping my Zumba classes fresh keeps my energy levels up, which is then passed onto participants who have been working extra hard this week. Seeing a room full of sweaty, red faces with big smiles…who wouldn’t smile back! 🙂
- My Pilates courses getting booked up again…must be doing something right 🙂
- Enquiries from 2 big blue chip companies for Pilates & Zumba sessions, as ice breakers & Health Fitness related events 🙂
- Getting lovely drawings from 2 of my 6 year old students … A traffic light & a girl…would make sense if you were 6 and attending my classes 😉
- The fact I have a sports massage booked for Friday, followed by a night out & a girls night in on Saturday!
My list could carry on and the weeks not even out yet!
What has made you smile this week?
What do you love about your job or your life right now?