What is Pilates?
Pilates is a form of exercise which combines flexibility and endurance training with body awareness, breathing and relaxation. The exercises are based on controlled movement and breathing patterns and use deep stabilising muscles which are often neglected.
Osteopaths, physiotherapists, chiropractors and general practitioners recommend Pilates as one of the safest forms of exercise today. Pilates can be beneficial for just about everyone, regardless of age and fitness level.
Group Fitness Pilates.
In group classes the teacher will specifically target certain muscle groups whilst using exercises that integrate the whole body in order to re-educate and restore it to optimum muscular and skeletal function.
Clients with special conditions such as MS, Osteoporosis, Arthritis, Chronic Back Pain and other conditions may be advised to take 1-2-1 or 2-2-1 sessions before entering a group class environment.
What are the benefits of a personal Pilates session?
- Closer observation from your instructor making sure you perform all exercise with correct technique and alignment.
- A tailored programme to suit your individual needs & goals.
- Progress at your own speed rather than with the majority in class situations.
- Gain confidence in the exercises you are performing before entering a class environment.
- Exercising in the comfort of your own home, therefore less time taken out of your day for travelling to gym / leisure centre.